Please see below for a list of general rules and regulations relating to Aphrodite Hills Golf PGA National Cyprus.
Advance reservations are strongly recommended to ensure access to the golf course. Reservation of tee times is subject to the terms and conditions of each Member’s Membership Agreement. Cancellation of reservations for tee times must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
On the golf course we do accept that fashion changes very quickly and our current guideline is simply that any recognised golfing apparel that can be purchased from a professional golf retail outlet is acceptable. Gentlemen’s shirts these days are designed to be worn in or outside the waistband and matching socks of any variety are acceptable. Golf shorts should be tailored. Denim and other sports clothing are, as yet, not deemed “golfing apparel”.
Aphrodite Hills Golf Club has a no spectator policy; however, the Club will endeavour to accommodate spectators during off peak times.
During the quieter months, an exception can sometimes be made during off peak times under the following conditions:
• The spectator may be approved at the time of check-in, and only considered if the second seat on the buggy is not reserved by another player
• The spectator must adhere to the Rules & Dress Code
• The spectator must ride and remain in the buggy while on the golf course
• No additional buggies will be approved for spectators
• There would be an additional ‘Ride On’ charge of €25.00 for the seat on the buggy, payable directly to the Golf Pro Shop
• The golfer must take responsibility of their spectator thereby releasing the Aphrodite Hills Golf Club and its patrons from any liability for any injury while on the golf course
• If the spectator does not conform to any of the policies mentioned to the golfer, the spectator will be asked to leave the course with no reimbursement
• The Club reserves the right to refuse spectator access at any time
• To avoid disappointment, we strongly suggest to contact us with your request at Golf Reservations – Tel: +357 26 828 203 or Pro Shop – Tel: +357 26 828 200
Aphrodite Hills Golf is a buggy only golf course. Drivers must be minimum 18 years of age. NO exceptions will be made to this rule. A buggy may carry a maximum of 2 persons and 2 golf bags. All players are required to read and sign the disclaimer upon check-in and are responsible for any damage to the buggies/other hired items during their round.
Hours of Play & Tee Times
Starting times are at 8-minute intervals. First tee time at 07:06 except in December and January, first tee time at 07:30 with 8 minutes interval. Flights are made up as 4 balls; therefore, players booking 2 or 3 balls must expect to be paired up with other players. Please follow the Starter’s and Marshal’s instructions. Spectators or caddies are not permitted to accompany players around the course.
Maximum for Men is 28 and for Ladies 36. The Starter or Marshal has the right to direct certain players to play from forward tees if deemed to be holding up play. Players who do not have the stipulated level of play may be asked to leave the course, with no refund given. Proof of Handicap is required.
All Members and guests must register at the Golf Pro Shop before commencing to play golf on both the 18-hole golf course and the Academy Course. Members must present their membership cards upon registering as and when requested.
Speed of Play – Marshals
The Course Marshals have full authority over the golf course, speed of play, course etiquette and are there for the players’ benefit. The Marshal has the authority to ask players to leave the course if they do not adhere to the rules and those who do not have the stipulated level of play, without refund.
The golf course will be deemed closed when the Superintendent, First Assistant to the Superintendent, or Director of Golf officially closes the course because of such reasons as inclement weather, damaged grounds, or tournament events. Alternative golf arrangements thereafter can be made at the Golf Pro Shop.
• No sharing clubs
• Soft spikes only
• Lockers available with a deposit in the Golf Pro Shop
• No practice on the golf course
• Children under 12 years old need to be supervised
• No range balls to be taken from the driving range
Score Card Local Rules
Out of Bounds (Rule 27)
- Beyond any line of white stakes
- On or beyond public roads
- Over any property bounding the course
- Within the grounds of the Hotel to the right of holes 8 and 9 and the Clubhouse and its surrounding areas
- Within the maintenance area to the right of holes 10 and 11
Water Hazards (Rule 26)
- Water hazards are marked with yellow stakes
- Lateral water hazards are marked with red stakes or red lines. Lateral hazards include areas to the left of the 8th hole and the right of holes 13, 15 and 16
Ground Under Repair (Rule 25)
- All areas marked by blue stakes or otherwise
- The ancient kiln on the 1st hole and olive presses on the 8th hole are designated as Ground Under Repair
Immovable Obstructions (Rule 24.2)
- Irrigation units, including sprinkler heads, control boxes and satellite stations
- All course furniture including information posts, marker posts (hole 18), bench seats and ball washers
- All buggy paths
Stones in Bunkers (Rule 24.1)
- Stones in bunkers are moveable obstructions
Integral Parts of the Course (Rule 28)
- All property walls surrounding the golf course
- The stone walls at holes 5, 11 and 15
- Any rock faces, natural or man-made
Protection of Young Trees & Shrubs (Rule 24.2)
- Staked and specifically tagged trees and shrubs
- All newly-planted trees under 1 club length in height
Penalty for breach of local rules: Match Play – Loss of Hole, Stroke Play – 2 Strokes